Wear the Bay City Roller trousers and tam-o-shanter too!



As the moons spiral by

and wrinkles in time, add

elder Omi repents some

missed chances I had


mummified by fear

wrapped tight in gotta bes

hampered by conventions

and will they judge me's?


their demands included

lots of work from me

yet excluded from perks

nor any reciprocity 


two sets of double standard

hats I didn't choose to wear

expectations handed down 

Burdens I never agreed to bear


Shrink-wrapped universe 

bespoke sizes too small

foreshortened horizon 

artificial fences too tall 


Too many vested interests

in the style cramped scapegoat

in muddy wedding dress

and tattered overcoat


I recant land-locked dreams

staying safe on the floor

shoulda punched the box out

and kicked down the door


too scared to smash ceilings 

for fear of falling glass

can't never did nothing 

by sitting on her ass


so locked doors remain

woodland trails stay untraipsed

too many effs given

so many less tasted grapes


Here's my advice to you

unsolicited though it be

you don't have to cower

learn a lesson from me


eat plums from the icebox

seize the ring of brass

fly your freak flag loud

don't let the parade pass


wear Bay City Roller trousers 

in Stewart tartan Blue

if dad says you look a fool

wear the tam-o-shanter too! 




in this game called being

you only get one shot

so take aim and make it

give it all you've got


play your cards to win

even if ya got a shitty hand

make your entrance with flair

strike up the kitchen band


The tilt-a-whirl will end

it's not that long a ride

you do the choosing of 

the direction of your slide


when the band's played out

when it's time to bid adieu

I hope went with bright pink

and danced to your own kazoo


when Charron arrives

in ferry of tie-dyed hue

I wish blessed journeys

and Elysian fields for you


May you be met by

eternal arms open wide

may we all gather on 

Loch Lomand's bonny side






Pins Welcome!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive