Saffron in the Town of Brown


Singapore Sunset Saffron

was a shade assigned to me

once upon a way back 

in sweet land of poverty 


ghosts in empty windows

where hope died on trees

framed in pavement cracks

dwell my strange memories 


I remember it in fall

all dead leaf hues of brown

no autumn yellow or red in

the graveyard called our town


not a city nor a village

never any claim to fame

built to be abandoned

with it's already fading name 


I tried to share my saffron

pink and purple twilight

Singapore sunset-ness

dulled by urban blight


don't get me wrong, I

got my bleaker shades 

peach bellini cocktails 

with chaser of gray fades


it's not their fault at all

these denizens of the haze

I'm the ever outlander

unfamiliar with their ways


my rolling stone rolled on

leaving no moss behind

to mar the brownness

with my evergreen mind

















Pins Welcome!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive