That's what I get for going where my heart led


a song my grandad loved 

the fixer not the printer man

"let the lower lights be burning" 

spins round my mind again 


God's got the Fresnel lens

we tend lights on shore

so sinking sailors

will struggle no more


grandson Milo resonates

true son of his Opi

lighthouse loving boy

will get the point of the story


minding the small lights

to save the seamen

but what about women

struggle sinking again?


who saves prisoned maids

accused of causing sin

man-eating mermaids

yet we're dying within


I'm the one sinking

yet bizarrely they blame

with wagging fingers 

pointing out my shame


both hooked and hook 

bewitched witches 

monstrous regiment 

embattled bitches


same old situation

we're the ball and chain

though its me draining

don't hear me complain


wait on curse's fall

bad thing this way comes

unseeing twiddling

ever pricking thumbs 


the sand also drains 

counting down the hour

blindly sending SOS

from Shalott tower


For love of a man 

out upon a ride 

brought about doom 

split glass side to side 


was he gentlemen 

or fork-tongue thief

was he worth it all

the madness and grief? 


I don't know yet

access still denied

to Charon's taxi

to the other side. 


texted "help" long ago

but 911 went dead

that's what I get for 

going where my heart led


no wonder she took the hard way out



(The poem's over but the story's not done yet, so stay tuned to this dial at TOWR radio, folks.) 



Pins Welcome!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive