Crying in dots and dashes


inarticulate today

I write not by choice

skipping record stuck

searching for its voice


is it me heard or 

just me giving way 

to them in my ear

demanding their say?


If I talked back 

whatever to say

voices in my head

make them go away


have I ever had 

words that were mine

did I just rehearse

their fed party line?


It's not them, I know

their babbling refrain

this backward spun song

is incoherent but sane


half-heard half forgot

like foggy dew tune

buried in shadow 

of lightning rune 


is that what calls from

priest hole in my brain

muted phantasm 

groaning out her pain?


my inner lady

in keep of Shalott

stranded at station

in town of Camelot


will they finally hear

keening caught mine deep 

like stranglehold choke

when you're sound asleep


guttural and gutted 

what a godawful sound

blue tick hound howl of

milady gagged and bound


babies speak in tears

no words but a cry 

I can't even weep 

it's useless to try 


I open my mouth

only croaks come out 

fish out of water

dying flops about 


so I think my call 

sent by telepathy 

tapping out Morse code

in towered CQD


no trust in rescue

from message bottled tight

I'll shine my SOS

from Shalott tonight


in dots and dashes 

across dragon moat

willing Charon to 

fetch zipline and boat


tune in to TOWR radio to hear whether he arrived in time 


or if she took the hard way home. 














Pins Welcome!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive