Bubble Gum Pink Soap


the bubble gum soap

to scrub printer's ink 

in the press washroom

with the granite sink


soap of neon pink

cleanses grime away 

who will whiten my 

black and blues today?


soul's donkey gray

darker shade of pain

written big and bold

in indelible stain


This Eeyore-ing rain

scoring grooves in faces

weeping down like salt

tales told in the traces


whittling deep and wide

subterranean lows

can't go much deeper

it's low as it goes


elevator mic drop

plummets through the floor

steam locomotive

gate crashes the door


amid the debris

the push pushes past 

chokey smoke roiling 

chaos halts at last 


Notice I said halt

not stop, end nor ceased

slow-motion station

lulls the ceaseless beast


I wish for pink stuff

to wash him away 

but this juggernaut 

is with me to stay. 


But that pink soap didn't work very well either, so I turn to my poems from whence comes some peace. 




Pins Welcome!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive