Panic Attack Ack-Ack


deep vein thrombosis

throbs through my whole

shell shock reverberates

shockwaves in my soul


musty sweet sickness 

I know this of old 

Tupperware bowl of

moldy oatmeal stone cold


gut lurching forward in

backward high-speed train 

elevator major lift  

minor fall migraine


crash land on reentry

rank, dank memory

rag rug pulled away

rage storm drowning me


panic attack ack-ack

mind's machine gun nest

can't find my gas mask

for air raid warden test


this ain't no test nor

car backfire sound

my heart knows the drill

of sucker punch pound 


world without an end

they are mad again

me in the crosshairs

cue the great amen


comes the fusilade

flak- ack-ack attack

scapegoat in the middle

no one has my back


angry fingers drum

a morse code of shame

in military tattoo

stenciled on my brain


blindside blindman's bluff

family ambush game

everyone playing

pass the buck and blame


in clown monkey band 

chimp on calliope

harpy harpsicord 

what a travesty


dying but never done

death by 1000 jeers

hurts in ageless pain

I've cried out of tears


that's my legacy 

left in the will 

pocketful of empty

such a sour pill 


it's some consolation

can't miss what I had not

and I just don't care

which oddly says a lot 


Yes we've no patience

for nonsense today

just stupid head games

I don't want to play


Then Ack-ack subsides

like lake into shore

all quiet on this front

I could open the door...


(we now present the volta)


what to my wondering 

eyes should appear 

a cloud of witnesses 

who holding held me dear


waiting in the wings

for their entrance bell

the new ones to love

past ones loved so well


Ave, elder sparks 

I see your dim-bright

shadow fairies hover

hidden in plain sight



Time to free my Tao 

and scrub clean the pain

in Babylon river

and Lake Michigan rain


















Pins Welcome!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Archive